No easy way to say this....I'm pregnant. Since I know your all doing the math, let me help out. Alice and this next one will be 12 or 13 months apart. The due date is not confirmed, but will be sometime around October or November. We did not want this. I admire women who would plan it that way, but I was never one of them and now I have to be. It has been a tough week with the shock and processing it all. It has been very humbling to remember that Heavenly Father has a plan, and I'm not in charge like I often think I am! So, maybe that is why he did this too me? To teach me that lesson and to be more flexible and not so organized all the time. I'm really not sure, but I know that one day I will understand the reason why and realize the blessing in all of this. That hasn't hit me yet, which makes this hard. A wise person once said to me "God laughs when we make plans". I'm am now living proof of that.
However, on a happy note: My parents are currently serving as missionaries in Curitiba, Brazil, were called to be in the Temple Presidency in Curitiba. They will be given an early release date so they can return home and receive new callings as Temple missionaries for two more years. That will allow them to return and resume their callings in the Presidency. During those additional two years they will be free to return home for two weeks during the semi-annual Temple maintenance closings. Their call will be until November 2013. During their early release they will have to come home for two months in November and December of this year for some technicalities. So, for the first time, my mom will be able to be in the country for this baby! That will be nice and maybe that is the reason.? Although, had things gone according to plan, my parents would have been home just in time for the third one anyway, and they they would have been 3 years like we wanted. Too late! But it will be nice for them to be part of this one! They missed everything with both Katie and Ali and that has been a slight bummer for me!
Until next time!!!!!



14 comments:
Congratulations!!!
J.R. told me about this. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, as having one seems like a daunting task to me right now:). I really do believe God never gives you anything you cannot handle, as long as you look to him for guidance. Congratulations!
Congratulations! Oh my gosh! I can't believe that! You're such a good mom though, I'm sure you'll be awesome and everything will be fine. Let me know if you need anything!
Congratulations!!! I'm sure you're totally stressed about it right now, but babies are always a wonderful blessing (even when it's a blessing in disguise).
I can only imagine how you are feeling and think that I would be feeling the same way. Congrats!!!
YAY for the Housley's. It will be great to have your mom around...you deserve it!
oh kristen. i can't even imagine. i guess you should post that scripture on your mirror about the lord not giving us more than we can handle!!! you will be so blessed!!!
Congrats!! I know that's super overwhelming...but those kids will have so much fun playing together and growing up so close in age! And I know you and I know that you can handle it and that you can handle it wonderfully! You are an amazing person! :)
WOW..!!
That IS a shocker! YOU CAN DO IT! Everything happens for a reason. With a lot of prayers, you can do it! Congratulations! I'm SO glad your parent will be able to help out.
I personally I'm glad. There will be more beautiful Housleys kickin it on earth!
Good luck! I hope you're not too sick!
Congratulations! I know that it seems crazy but you are the one person I know that can handle it. Good Luck, and I can't wait to see the next Housley baby. That will be so nice to have you mom there! Tell them all hello for me.
Congrats Kristen! Im sorry for the hard time. If you need anything just call me. I have been out of town or I would have called you back by now. Sorry. Please let me know if you need anything...I am very excited for you all. Maybe Chris will get a boy! He will need it with all the girls...love ya!
oh wow..Congratulations Kristen! I'm sure you are so overwhelmed with everything. I am overwhelmed for you! Good luck and I'm so happy your parents will be here for this baby!!
Congratulations!!!! so fun,to have them close (when they are older)Good Luck, and just know that someday it will all make sense... :-)
-if anyone can handle it you can!
Congrats! It is true- if anyone can handle it, it would be you. And how great that your mom will be around. We're excited for ya!
Post a Comment